COOP Gallery is accepting proposals for one solo show scheduled for March 2021 and we would love to review your work. Artists not accepted for this exhibition will be considered for future solo and group curated exhibitions (many proposals from previous calls have resulted in exhibits in the following year).
- Open to all artists regardless of nationality or place of residence who are at least 18 years old. Artists may be US-based or international.
- Open to all media and we will help artists secure necessary equipment when possible.
- Artist must be able to cover shipping and travel expenses beyond a $500 honorarium
COOP will evaluate the proposals per the following criteria:
- Quality of the work (actual or representative of proposal)
- Responsiveness to the site—(physical space, the mission of COOP, Nashville, TN, etc.)
- Feasibility of the project with regard to budget and timeline
Deadline: June 15. 2020
Notification: July 1, 2020
Exhibition Dates: March 1 – 31, 2021
Honorarium for selected exhibitor(s): $500
Application fee: $15-$25, paid via Paypal to email@example.com
Required Proposal Information:
To be considered for this proposal artists must submit all of the following materials via email in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.Contact information (name, email, phone, website, pronouns)
2. Written description of exhibition proposal (200 – 500 words)
3. Current CV not to exceed 2 pages
4. 8 Images (4”x6” at 300 ppi) or link to one (up to) 3 minute video. If directing to a website, please be SPECIFIC in what site we are meant to consider. Label images/materials with Title, Date, and Media. For artists submitting video and still images, you may submit up to 4 still images and one 3-minute video.
5. Artists are welcome to submit accompanying sketches or mockups to better describe the proposed exhibition of works and how they might exist or interact in the space. Limit of up to 4 sketch images as part of the total 8 images for consideration. These images should not be in addition to the work samples, but are part of your total image submission.
6. For artists relying on technology for their exhibitions, please list what equipment you would require for your show. Please note that we will try hard to meet these requests but that we have limited resources and equipment at our disposal. Artists should strive to provide their own equipment when possible.
7. There is a submission fee of $25 for employed individuals or $15 for unemployed or underemployed individuals paid via PayPal to email@example.com (please include PayPal transaction number). This fee helps us sustain programs throughout the year to pay exhibiting artists in addition to offsetting the costs for rent.